1) You might get pregnant with lookalikes if you’ve family history of twins.
Having the family history of twins can drastically increase your chances of having twin babies.
2) Your ethnicity also affects your chances of having twins.
While African American women are more susceptible to conceive twins, Asian and Caucasian women on the other hand, have less chances of delivering twin babies.
3) Age is another important factor to determine the chances of having twins.
Older women are more likely to conceive twins than younger ones. However, older women have a higher rate of miscarriage and complications as well.
4) Heavy women have more chances to deliver twin babies.
A recent study proved that all those women with a BMI (Body Mass Index) of 30 or higher has more chances to get pregnant with twins.
5) Dietary products can increase your susceptibility to conceive twins.
Africans believe that daily intake of dairy products in pregnancy can increase the chances of conceiving twins by 5 times.
6) Consumption of wild yams or cassava root can help to get pregnant with twins.
Nigerians have the highest number of twins in the world. They eat wild yams or cassava root frequently in the pregnancy. The presence of a specific chemical in wild yams or cassava root stimulates the ovaries to discharge more than one egg during ovulation.
7) A breastfeeding mother has great chances of conceiving twins.
According to a recent study, the pregnant women who were breastfeeding have nine times more chances to deliver twin babies as compared to those women who weren’t nursing the young ones.
8) Birth control pills is another way to get pregnant with twins.
Conception after stopping birth control pills can help you to have twins. If you’ve been taking contraceptives for 6 months or more, your body will tend to regulate the production of hormones which sometimes can accelerate the production of hormones. Ultimately, your ovaries may release many eggs which might help you to get pregnant with twins.
9) Folic acid supplements can increase your chances of conceiving twins.
According to a current research in Australia, women who take folic acid before the pregnancy are more likely to conceive twins. Consumption of folic acid increases your chances of delivering twins by 40%. Moreover folic acid also combats neural tube defects.
10) Plan for a big family.
This is the most natural way to increase your chances of having twins. Your more number of pregnancies can also go a long way to help you get pregnant with twins.
source : lavishtrend.com